App Tamer 2.4.4
App Tamer tames your processor-monopolizing apps and keeps them from chewing up excessive CPU time and battery life. Powered by a unique AutoStop feature, App Tamer stops each application when you switch away from it — when you return to that app, it restarts automatically!
App Tamer is built around an attractive and clear user interface, designed for managing all your running applications with minimum distraction or frustration. With helpful displays, you can monitor the average percentage of your processor(s) being used by each app, or access a graphical history or your CPU usage. Easily enable AutoStop for any application, or limit it to a certain amount of CPU time.
Don’t waste time trying to manage CPU usage on an app-by-app basis — liberate your Mac with App Tamer!
- You can now turn off the CPU usage graph in App Tamer’s window.
- App Tamer can be set to hide an application after a certain amount of idle time.
- Scroll wheel use is recognized as activity in an application even if the app is in the background.
- App Tamer now handles the macOS Gatekeeper Path Randomization security feature correctly if the app is run directly from its downloaded disk image.
- A bug has been fixed that caused App Tamer to fail to throttle or unthrottle a process for up to 5 minutes after the battery charge state changed if the “Do not slow or stop apps if power is plugged in” option was turned on.
- For software developers: App Tamer will no longer manage apps that are being debugged with Xcode.
- The VoiceOver process can no longer be stopped.
- Some user interface glitches have been corrected.