VMware Fusion Pro 11.1.1
VMware Fusion: Powerfully Simple Virtual Machines for Mac
VMware Fusion gives Mac users the power to run Windows on Mac along with hundreds of other operating systems side by side with Mac applications, without rebooting. Fusion is simple enough for home users and powerful enough for IT professionals, developers and businesses.
VMware Fusion: Powerfully Simple
Run Nearly Any Operating System on a Mac
Running Windows on Mac is only the beginning. VMware Fusion lets you choose from hundreds of supported operating systems, from lesser-known Linux distributions to the latest Windows 10 release, to run side by side with the latest macOS release.
Connect to VMware vSphere
Securely connect with vSphere, ESXi and Workstation servers to launch, control and manage both virtual machines (VMs) and physical hosts. Thanks to the common VMware platform, VMs can be easily transferred from the vSphere data center to the Mac desktop and then run in Fusion.
Develop and Test for Any Platform
Fusion makes it simple to test nearly any OS and app on a Mac. Build and test apps in a sandbox while securely sharing local source files and folders. Fusion Pro now includes a RESTful API to integrate with modern development tools like Docker, Vagrant, Ansible, Chef, and others to fit the power of VMware into today’s Agile and DevOps-oriented production pipelines.
Design and Demo Complex Solutions
With the ability to run an entire virtual cloud stack on a single Mac, solution architects can demonstrate their entire software solution in real time, with safe rollback points to return to known configurations. Fully express the story of your software journey by running all of its components on a single notebook to show the world.
Run Local Corporate Desktops
Isolate corporate desktops from BYO devices by disabling copy-and-paste, drag-and-drop, shared folders and access to USB devices. Run restricted VMs that are encrypted and password-protected, ensuring that only authorized users can interact with corporate data.
Make Windows Feel at Home on Mac
Fusion blends your Windows experience seamlessly with the Mac you love. You have the flexibility to keep the two worlds securely apart, or integrate them for one seamless experience. Install a fresh OS like Windows 10 or easily convert an older PC into a virtual one.
Ready for macOS Mojave
Launch virtual machines on Mac with macOS 10.14 Mojave, including APFS support, or safely test the latest macOS in a sandbox on your current Mac without disruption. With an updated UI and customizable support for the latest Touch Bar enabled Macs, Fusion is better than ever.
More Powerful Graphics
Fusion can drive complex, GPU intensive applications and games with an improved hardware accelerated 3D graphics engine leveraging Apple Metal graphics technology. By providing DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.3 capabilities to Windows and Linux virtual machines and now allowing for up to 3GB of vRAM per-VM, Fusion leads the way in virtual machine graphics performance and accuracy.
Improved vSphere Connectivity
Connect to vCenter, ESXi or Workstation Pro servers to drive, control, and configure VMs or ESXi Hosts, with impoved visibility into Datacenter and Host topology. With the common underlying VMware hypervisor, Fusion makes it easy to transfer virtual machines back and forth with a simple drag-and-drop, or control VMs directly from the corporate data center from the comfort of your Mac. Available in Fusion Pro only.
Support for Windows 10 Fall 2018 Update
Stay on the cutting edge with full support for running the latest versions of Windows 10 as a virtual machine on your Mac.
Fusion REST API
Fusion Pro now provides a secure RESTful API service designed for automation and third-party software integration. Leveraging the Swagger.io framework the Fusion API uses standard HTTP/S and JSON to control over 25 different VM and Host and Network operations. Build custom deployment tools to deliver macOS-as-a-Service, or integrate Fusion into a modern, continuously iterative development pipeline with automated testing. Now available in all Fusion editions.
Unity View Mode
Fusion’s Unity View Mode hides the Windows desktop so you can run Windows apps just like Mac apps. Windows apps can launch directly from Dock, Spotlight or Launchpad and, once running, can be viewed in Exposé, Spaces and Mission Control just as if they were Mac apps.
- Support for the following operating systems as guest.
- Windows 10 19H1
- Ubuntu 19.04
- RHEL 8.0
- Fedora 30
- ESXi 6.7 U2
- Bug fixes and security updates.
- VMware Fusion 11.1.0 supports Hypervisor-Specific Mitigations and Hypervisor-Assisted Guest Mitigations for Microarchitectural Data Sampling (MDS) vulnerabilities identified by CVE-2018-12126, CVE-2018-12127, CVE-2018-12130 and CVE-2019-11091.
New guest operating system support:
- Windows 10 1803
- Ubuntu 18.04
- macOS 10.14
- Fedora 28
- RHEL 7.5
- CentOS 7.5
- Debian 9.5
- OpenSuse Leap 15.0
- FreeBSD 11.2
- ESXi 6.7
- DirectX 10.1
- Support is added for Fusion 11
- DirectX 10.1 is an incremental update of DirectX 10.0. It provides higher visual quality through the support of multi-sample anti-aliasing (MSAA). DirectX 10.1 also supports Shader Model 4.1 and Cubemap Array
- VMware hardware version
- The maximum amount of graphics memory is now bumped up to 3072 MB
- Hosts and Clusters view when you connect to vCenter (Fusion 11 Pro only) Fusion 11 adds a new Hosts and Clusters view when you connect to a vCenter Server from Fusion. You can easily toggle between VM view and Hosts and Clusters view
- vSphere 6.7 support You can now connect to a vSphere 6.7 vCenter Server or ESXi 6.7 host directly. You can also import VCSA 6.7 within Fusion 11
New Applications menu:
- Fusion 11 provides a brand-new design Applications menu to do more than simply launching applications from within the guest
- Creation of new virtual machines
- Virtual machine power operations
- Switching from different views
- Taking snapshots
- Launching virtual machine settings