Switch Pro 184.108.40.20651
Switch is a media playback, inspection and conversion tool for professionals that gives you everything you need to play, inspect and correct your multiformat media in one easy-to-use application.
Trust Switch for frame-accurate, smooth playback of all your media files, including captions and subtitles.
Open the Switch inspector to view
in-depth media information in a well-organized display of container, video, audio & subtitle information.
Make changes: trim, scale or crop your media; rearrange audio tracks; change speaker assignments, rewrap your media, and more.
Use the iTunes export preset to easily create an asset-only iTunes store package, complete with content and XML file.
High-quality Visual QC
A single tool that plays all your media and displays in-depth information about it ensures more accurate streamlined QC. Switch gives you frame-accurate playback of professional media files, with controls such as single-frame stepping, JKL navigation, and more. You can also view subtitles and captions.
Caption playback and verification
Switch lets you playback embedded CEA-608 & CEA-708 captions, as well SCC, DVB, TTML (iTT and SMPTE-TT captions) and WebVTT subtitle files to verify timing and accuracy. Switch is the only software player with full support for CEA-708 caption decoding, including advanced 708-only features like Unicode character support. See MacCaption / CaptionMaker for caption creation.
Deep file inspection
Backed by trusted Telestream technology and experience, Switch lets you see all the information you’d ever want to see about your media in one intuitive well-organized tool. See metadata (including DPP), bitrate, video essence and codec, audio channels and speaker assignments and much more.
Note: Switch 4 is a free upgrade for customers with Premium Support; simply download Switch 4 and install. Please check your email for special upgrade instructions, or Contact Desktop Sales if you need assistance. For customers without Premium Support, Switch 4 is a paid upgrade.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.11 or later.
- A bug that would incorrectly report the presence of the ‘Sexually Suggestive Dialog’ flag in V-Chip data when a file was flagged with ‘Violence’ and ‘Sexual Situations’
- An issue that prevented opening and viewing of MP4 files created using Hybrik
- N issue that prevented full playback of MP4 files created using the Elemental encoder
- Modified the logic used to select external preview audio devices to prevent a situation where audio output could be disabled unintentionally
- Added support for adjusting synchronization of SRT subtitle files to resolve cases where some SRT secondary subtitle files would fail to display with the video