TinkerTool System 6.3
TinkerTool System 6 is a collection of system utility features helping you in performing advanced administration tasks on Apple Macintosh computers. The application makes use of a self-adapting user interface which automatically adjusts to the computer model and to the version of macOS you are running. All options available in the current situation are accessible via “panes”, very similar to the techniques you already know from the System Preferences application. The features are controlled via a single window which allows you to use the application as a general toolbox and First Aid assistant.
- built-in maintenance features of macOS, usually not visible on the graphical user interface,
- extended file operations, not available in the macOS Finder,
- the possibility to access advanced system settings which are not visible in System Preferences,
- genuine and unique features of TinkerTool System, designed to resolve typical real-world problems of administrators and to fix the effects of certain defects (“bugs”) in the operating system,
- an emergency tool to troubleshoot and repair macOS in cases where the graphical user interface is no longer starting correctly or the user account of the system administrator has been damaged,
- functions to collect advanced information about the hardware, operating system, and applications.
Together with its sister program TinkerTool which is available at no charge, TinkerTool System is a perfect substitute for the following types of system utilities:
- Finder enhancers,
- Cache and font cache cleaners,
- Scripts to create bootable system installer and recovery disks,
- Tools to access hidden preference settings,
- Applications to make objects invisible in the Finder,
- Log file browsers,
- Application uninstallers,
- Single User Mode troubleshooting tools,
- Spell-checker dictionary editors,
- and many others.
- Added new feature to remove all local Time Machine APFS snapshots from a selected volume immediately.
- Added new setting to control whether FileVault should remove the decryption key for the system disk from memory when the system is entering standby mode.
- Added new feature to immediately eject all volumes when saving a modified automount configuration that have been set not to be automatically mounted by macOS.
- Added new feature to let the application copy itself to the system Applications folder if desired when the program is launched from the virtual distribution disk.
- The internal diagnostics features have been completely rewritten to be still operative in cases where operating system logging is not usable.
- The application has been made robust against dubious “cleaner” software that damages the launch configuration of the operating system.
- Better error messages for cases where users fail to register the application due to accidentally installing a wrong license file through dragging.