Soulver 3 is a smart notepad with a built-in calculator. It gives instant answers to any calculations it finds in your text. It’s a better way to work stuff out than with a traditional calculator, and a more lightweight tool for quick calculations than a spreadsheet.
• Instant calculations, no equals required
• Use words alongside numbers, so calculations make sense
• Quick totals of all your lines, and subtotals
• Calendar calculations (June 9 + 3 weeks, 3:35 pm + 6 hours 27 minutes)
• Easy percentages (“$300 – 10%”, “30 as a % of 200”)
• Unit conversions (“10 kg in pounds, “25 meters in feet”)
• 168 live real-world and cryptocurrency rates.
• Line references to build little calculating documents
• Variables & variable autocompleting
• Global variables & custom units
• Dark mode
• Sidebar for organising your sheets and the ability to make folders
• Headings (#), comments (//) & labels (:)
• Customize your syntax coloring & font
• Automatic number formatting, with spaces around operators and thousand separators
• Number scrubbing (hold shift and hover over a number)
• Deep macOS system integration: Touch Bar support, Quicklook, Calculate anywhere services
• Automation tools: a command-line interface, Alfred workflow, Automator action
Documents & Sheets:
• You can now open, edit and save Soulver 3 files in Finder, rather than needing to import and export them to make edits.
• Added a duplicate sheet command.
• Added the ability to set default answer formatting options (under Tweak Engine…)
• Lines by default always match the default formatting. If you set any manual formatting options, they will always use the user specified settings.
• You can reset lines to always use the default.
• The quick total now uses the default formatting options too.
• Added all the line formatting options to the answer contextual menu.
• Added a fraction formatting option (i.e 1.75 = 1 3/4)
• Added support for ‘vulgar fraction’ characters, like 1/2 , 1/4 , etc.
• Fixed an issue where fractions wouldn’t work as part of unit expressions.
• You can now use fractional units of time in date/time calculations (i.e 3pm + 1.5 hours)
• You can now used bracketed expressions as part of phrase functions (i.e (5+5) as a % of (10+10)).
• A time component is now always included in the result of a date and time calculation when it is included in the expression.
• Added a ‘mph’ unit (miles per hour)
• Added support for bps units (kbps, mbps, gbps, etc)
• Added additional electrical units (amps, volts, ohms) pressure units (bar, psi, atm), substance units (moles),
• Fixed an issue where specifying the output unit did not work with some date calculation phrases.
• Fixed an issue where system text replacements were not working in Soulver.
• Fixed an issue where fractional units without a 0 (like .5m) were not working correctly.
• Fixed a bug where references depending on subtotals would in certain cases not update after a line above had been deleted.
• Fixed a bug with multiplying pure percentages.