Sketch: graphic design for a digital world. Powerful tools and an elegant interface, in a single award-winning package. Because making beautiful things should be a joy, not a burden.
Sketch supports multiple fills, borders and shadows per layer; has powerful non-destructive boolean operations; smart pixel alignment; and makes exporting a breeze with automatic slicing and multiple resolution export.
Vector tools and basic shapes are the foundation; whether you are designing icons, websites, interfaces or anything else. Combine these into complex shapes with non-destructive boolean operations, leaving you free to edit them in the future, then apply advanced layer style options like multiple shadows, fills, gradients, noise, blending, background blurring, and more.
Sketch doesn’t just do shapes, of course. Imported images can be rotated, scaled, cropped and masked. The best-in-class text tool lets you add beautiful typography to your designs, using native font rendering, so you can be sure that text always looks 100% accurate!
Brand new to Sketch 3, Symbols allow you to reuse entire groups of content in multiple places in your design. Think of interface elements such as buttons, headers and footers. Change them once, and they update everywhere in your document.
Built for the Mac, Sketch supports OS X’s Versions and Auto Save, letting you focus on your work instead of hitting CMD+S. Keep your work safely in sync across multiple Mac computers with iCloud. And take Sketch full screen to maximise the size of your canvas.
All this power is deliciously baked into Sketch’s single-window interface. Everything is there, tucked away until you need it. A simple interface with powerful tools.
- Lines, arrows, layers and new Symbols all snap to Grids more reliably
- Copying and pasting Symbols and pages between documents is faster and more reliable
- Layers now snap to rotated text
- Cutting a selection from a bitmap image and moving the selection using the arrow keys could undo the cut
- Using boolean operations to combining certain shapes wouldn’t always produce the right results
- Hovering over a Symbol instance that contained a mask would ignore the bounds of the mask
- You could still select items in Data menu with you’ve selected a Symbol instance with no overrides enabled
- Exporting dashed strokes with shadows would show a continuous shadow rather than a dashed one
- Pressing Tab while editing text overrides in the Inspector would focus back on the Canvas instead
- Grids and Layouts didn’t hide consistently when zooming out
- Caused baselines to move when adjusting Text Styles and Text Style overrides
- Applying Library updates could reset existing Symbol overrides
- Text styled with different colors in Symbols wouldn’t retain its styling when it was overridden with anything beginning with a non-alphanumeric character
- Unchecked overrides would be checked again after duplicating a Symbol master
- Content in the Canvas might flicker when switching apps in Fullscreen mode
- Scrolling to make panning around the Canvas smooth again
- Replacing a missing font wouldn’t update Shared Text Styles
- Stopped layers snapping to text layers, depending on the text layer’s alignment or rotation
- Fixed various bugs where layers within rotated groups couldn’t be measured correctly
- Dragging a rotated layer within a group or combined shape could snap erratically to the pixel grid
- The Symbol contextual menu would not show the Detach all contents from Symbol alternate menu item
- The correct font weights wouldn’t always show in the inspector
- Selecting to Undo changes to a gradient would result in the wrong gradient point being selected in the color popover
- A layer with multiple Angular Gradient Fills applied would render only the first applied fill
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when combining shapes
- Fixed a crash related to Symbols that could occur while using certain plugins
- Fixed a crash that could happen with certain font weights
- Pressing the Space bar while inserting layers wouldn’t allow repositioning of the layer being inserted
- Certain paths with arrow markers couldn’t be resized repeatedly
- Undo wouldn’t work as expected when editing text
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a PostScript name was missing from an installed font
- A group’s selection wouldn’t always update when moving layers within the group using the arrow keys
- The Ends controls for dashed borders wouldn’t be enabled when expected
- Fixed a bug in sketchtool where the –without-activating argument wouldn’t prevent Sketch from becoming active
- Certain adjoining lines caused unexpected snapping behaviour